When should you see a chiropractor?
Patients frequently present with complaints that they have been experiencing for weeks, months and even years. Sadly, much of their suffering and possibly a great deal of their degeneration most likely would have been reduced or eliminated with prompt care.
According to the Chiropractic Rehabilitation Association, the following 5 situations as to when an individual should seek out a chiropractor with a complaint:
- All traumatic joint injuries: All injuries to a joint and its ligaments should be examined by a chiropractor because these injuries have the potential of becoming permanent and debilitating if proper treatment is not administered.
- Any injury accompanied by severe pain: Pain is a message that something is wrong. Blocking the pain does not correct the problem.
- Any pain in a joint, muscle or bone that lasts for than two weeks: Persistent pain may be an indication of a more serious problem or a sign of improper healing.
- Any injury that doesn't heal in three weeks: Again, if an injury does not heal in three weeks, there may be an underlying structural abnormality.
- Any injury that returns after rest: When pain returns after rest alone and without any treatment it is usually a sign of structural defect.
Ready to begin feeling better? Click Here to schedule online (easiest) or reach us by phone 610-494-0412